Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Ready For Santa....WAS ready for Santa!!

Ok. I know I'm a little late on this post but can you blame me?! If your holiday was as crazy as mine you, will understand. Throw a little snow in the mix and you have MADNESS!! Here is what it looked like around my house this season (minus the wreath, which I'm bummed I didn't take a picture)

First, my place settings. I started with a Christmas-y place mat but it seemed a little too plain. So I had these little mini sized fuzzy stockings that I had stored away that I just set right on top. Thinking back on it I probably could have put a spoon, fork and knife in the stocking but to be honest we haven't even eaten at that table in weeks. I also added red fabric over the table just as a table cloth.
Now for my FAVORITE part of the table, the centerpiece. A long time ago I was given this gravy bowl and platter. I never used the gravy bowl (I really don't even know where it is) but the platter was just a plain clear glass platter. Perfect for the center of the table no matter what occasion. I just added a Christmas snowglobe (confession: I used to collect snow globes when I was younger) to the center and surrounded it with round ornaments.


Next, is the most important Christmas decoration. The Tree. We were sort of limited on space this year. So we decided to go with a smaller tree. I mean really small. We turned it on every night and Melania helped decorate it with Pink and Purple ornaments and beads so she was happy. It was an added bonus that the lights changed colors so she liked it and I think that's all that matters.

 Melania even added a little Christmas flair in her room!

I also had a little bit of Christmas cheer in the living room. [Pardon the Wii remotes and the Wii censor. We aren't video gamers but we are suckers for the Wii (who isn't?).] I just wrapped some white, sparkly garland on the top of the TV around the eyesore we call our DVD display. (Sounds like a good DIY organization product for later on down the road!)


So even though I am really late in saying it, I'll say it any way.....

(He looks so happy right? I forced him to take the picture hehe)
Merry Christmas!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment